Scroll Saw Goodies Has Moved!

Scroll Saw Goodies has expanded to offer even more goodies! Scroll Saw Goodies continues to post regular blog updates to highlight tips, tricks, tutorials, and free scroll saw patterns found on the web. Please join us at http://www.scrollsawgoodies.com.

Happy Scrolling!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dialing It Back

Since October, 2007, I have written nearly 160 articles related to scroll sawing. I write everyday, excluding weekends and holidays. There has been a lot of great articles, too many projects to count, and a lot of practical advice. It has been a fun ride, but I decided to pull back on the reins a bit. Am I quitting the website? Heck no! I'm just going to dial it back a bit. Instead of getting your daily dose of Scroll Saw Goodies, I'll only be posting when I stumble across something worth sharing. I'll be posting less frequently, but I think I'll be delivering better quality content.

Why the sudden change in format? The answer is simple. I want to avoid burnout. Blogging as much as I do is still fun, but its starting to turn into work. I spend between 10-15 hours a week, researching and writing articles. Nobody wants one of their favorite past times to become a chore, and I'm no different. So by pulling back a bit, I'll be able to get a little breathing room and continue to pursue this wonderful hobby.

Another reason to pull back a little, is to free up some time to work on some other websites. I have a two websites in the design/planning stages that I'm pretty excited about. I'd like to continue to develop these ideas. Don't worry, I'll keep you posted on the status of the new website. I think you'll enjoy it.

With that said, be sure to check back often for new articles. You can also have the articles delivered to your email account by signing up on the left sidebar. Be sure to spread the word about Scroll Saw Goodies. It is a wonderful resource for beginner and advanced scrollers. I know I wish I had something like this when I first started out!

Happy Scrolling!

---Travis

No comments:

Visit Rockler.com - Woodworking Superstore!

web tracker