Listen to Episode 01 - Getting Started In Scroll Sawing
Did you get through Episode 0 without falling asleep? If you're ready for more, here's the first official episode of the Scroll Saw Goodies podcast. In this episode, I talk about the bare essential tools needed to get started in this great hobby of ours. I've included the show notes, where I provide links, updates, and additional information mentioned in the podcast. If you have any questions or comments, or just to correct any misinformation, please leave a comment or shoot me an email at scrollsawgoodies[at]gmail.com.
- Craftsman 16" (Note: This is not the same model I have. It looks like they've updated the design. The one I have is pictured here. Before purchasing, make sure this new model has thumb screws for changing blades, or you'll be hating life.)
- Black & Decker
- Hitachi CW-40
- Ryobi 16"
- Scroll Saw Goodies (Shameless self promotion)
- Scroll Saw Workshop
- Absolutely Free Scroll Saw Patterns
- ScrollSaw Woodworking & Crafts magazine
- Creative Woodworks & Crafts magazine
- Drill Bits (1/16th or smaller)
- Sand Paper (80 grit, 120 grit, 240 grit)
- Blue Tape (3m or Scotch)
- Spray Adhesive
- Clear Acrylic spray (semi-gloss or gloss)